Canon IJ Network Tool
Canon IJ Network Tool: Driver Installation and More
Canon IJ Network Tool is a toolkit software with the options to keep a check on most of your Canon printer network settings and adjust them according to your requirements. The Canon IJ Network tool will get you through the network settings uninterruptedly. It is essentially required when you are attempting to get your printer connected to a different network because a new network tends to reset the printer’s existing network settings. Installation of the IJ network tool follows the installation of your Canon device to later keep up with the network settings of your printer device.
Points to be considered before using Canon IJ Network Tool
Making use of the Canon IJ Network tool requires you to watch out for the points mentioned below considerably:
- If you want a LAN setup for your printer, you should have the required connectivity equipment such as Network Access Point (Router/ Modem), LAN Cable etc.
- To get your IJ Network tool to work, you first need to check your printer’s connectivity via LAN connection. Next, check your LAN cable carefully. Finally, make sure there are no cuts or scratches on the cable.
- In order to make use of the Canon IJ Network Tool, you must ensure your printer is not in use performing basic functions like printing, scanning, copying, etc. Therefore, you can use the tool only after you have finished your basic printing, scanning and other jobs on your Canon printer.
- When the tool is in use, make sure you don’t use a printer for any function, be it printing, scanning, or copying.
- In case your printer’s security softwares’ firewall feature is on, you may end up receiving the warning message which updates you on your Canon printer software’s attempt to connect to the available network. In this case, you need to allow access to the utility tool.
- IJ network tool does not support user account switching. Therefore, you first need to exit the software and then proceed with the switching of the user account.
Downloading and Installing Canon IJ Network Tool
You can make use of the IJ network tool only after having it downloaded and installed on your device. The IJ network tool is a part of an MP printer driver, and therefore, can be downloaded and installed with it. To get this tool, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Open your preferred web browser on your system and insert the URL usa.canon.com/support in the address field. The Canon support page opens up on your screen.
- Now, search for your canon product in the specified search field.
- On reaching your product window, you will see a download link for your printer’s driver under the Canon Printer Drivers and Download section.
- Click on the Download tab to get the driver downloaded on your device.
- Once downloaded successfully, proceed with the driver’s installation process on your device.
- To install the driver, you should double-click on the recently downloaded file and then proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- While the installation goes on, a Software Selection Window opens up on your screen. Here, tick-mark on the “IJ Network Tool” checkbox. This will then be followed by the successful installation of the Canon IJ Network Tool on your device.
Accessing the Canon IJ Network Tool
After successful completion of download and installation of the IJ network tool, the very next step is to run the software on your PC. Running the software is only possible when you access the software, and it may then be followed by using it to configure your network. The IJ Network Tool may be found at different locations with respect to different operating systems you are currently using on our computer. To access your newly installed Canon IJ Network Tool, you may consider following the instructions given below:
- Having the software downloaded on your Mac PC, you may check for the software by clicking on the Finder icon.
- Next, click on the Go menu and open Applications. You will see a window with all the installed applications on your Mac device.
- Here, find the Canon utility folder and open it.
- Now, click to select the “IJ Network Tool” folder.
- Finally, click on the software icon to open it.
- Go to the Start menu on your Windows OS PC or press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, go to All Programs. Check out all the available options and look for Canon Network Utilities.
- Once you find it, click to open it. Now, go to the IJ Network tool. You can alternatively search for the program by directly typing the name in the search field.