Instant Solution for Epson Printer Not Printing Issue, Click Below
Epson is a versatile, all-in-one printing machine that lets you perform multiple functions on a single device. The Epson printers provide you with the ability to print, scan, copy, fax, and do many more jobs.
Despite its firm hold in the marketplace, there remains a tendency for the drawbacks in the Epson printing machine being a machine. Like any other printer, the Epson printers often get affected by certain issues. One such issue that one may come across while using the Epson printer is the Epson printer not printing issue.
On trying to print an important document, you may happen to run into an Epson printer not printing issue, when the printing machine suddenly stops printing or prints blank pages. There may be several reasons for the occurrence of such an error in your Epson printer. The issue, however, can be fixed using a few simple steps discussed further.
Fixing Epson Printer Not Printing Issue
It’s evident how frustrating it is to experience an error while trying to produce an urgent printout. Yet before beginning to troubleshoot, one must check the possible simple causes for the issue. However, you can try out the following fixes to get over the issue.
Clean your printer’s printhead
Your printer’s printhead may have got clogged due to lesser use of the printer. This needs you to perform a printhead cleaning for your Epson printer using the following method.
- First, keep a blank paper in the paper tray of your Epson printer.
- Open your system’s Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Go to the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, right-click on your Epson printer, then click on the Print Preferences option.
- Next, you need to click on the Maintenance tab and then click to select the Head Cleaning option.
- Then click on Start to begin the printhead cleaning of your Epson printer.
- Then follow the instructions on your screen.
Set Epson as your default printer
To do this:
- Go to the Start menu and click Settings.
- Choose the Printer and Scanner option and select Epson printer from the list of available printers.
- Click on Manage and then click on the Set as default button.
- This will set your Epson printer as your default printer.
Check Ink cartridges
It’s possible your Epson printer may not be printing due to low levels of ink in your ink cartridges. Therefore, you need to check for the ink in the cartridges using the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Control Panel and open the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and then select the Print Preferences option.
- Now click on the Maintenance tab and open the Epson Status Monitor 3 option.
- In the newly opened window, you will be able to see and check the available ink levels in your Epson printer ink cartridges.
- In case the ink level is down, you need to refill the ink in the cartridge or may simply replace the old one for the new.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Epson printer on your PC
The printing error in the Epson printer may have occurred due to an improper installation of the printer. Therefore, you should consider uninstalling and then reinstalling your printer. To do this:
- Firstly go to Control Panel> Programs> Programs and features.
- Next, right-click on your Epson printer and select Uninstall. This will get your printer uninstalled from your device.
- Now, turn your printer and PC off and disconnect the printer from your PC.
- Restart your PC and turn on your printer again.
- Reconnect the printer with your PC.
- Install the Epson printer once again on your device.
Update Epson printer driver
An outdated printer driver may turn out to be an obstruction in the printing process. You need to update your Epson printer driver on your PC to fix the Epson Printer Not Printing Issue. To do this:
- First, go to the Start menu and open Device Manager.
- Then check out for Printers in the left side panel of your screen and then click to expand it.
- Find your Epson printer and right-click on it. Select the Update driver option.
- Next, you need to click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, follow the prompts to get the driver updated for your Epson printer.