Canon IJ Printer Utility | A Complete User-specific Guide to Install and Use IJ Printer Utility
Canon IJ Printer Utility is a complete software package meant to adjust and modify the configurations of your printer device as per the requirement. It is one of the essential utility software offered by Canon to ease your printer configuration alteration using a few clicks. Therefore, it is a way to keep your Canon printer working. Moreover, it will update you on your printer’s ink status and perform the test printing. Additionally, you can also configure the ink cartridge settings of your Canon printer using Canon IJ Printer Utility.
Canon IJ Printer Utility is ideal for working with Canon inkjet and Canon all-in-one inkjet printers, including Canon TS8430 series, XK90 series, TR7500 series, TR7530 series, TS708 series, XK80 series, TR8630 series, TR7600 series, G3060 series, GX6000 series, to name a few.
This free to download software is available for Windows 8.1 and Mac OS versions 2.12. You can download the software from the Microsoft Store or Apple Store.
How to Install Canon IJ Printer Utility?
To install the Canon IJ Printer Utility software on your windows, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- On your web browser, open Microsoft Store official webpage.
- Now, look for the Canon Inkjet print utility and click to select it.
- On the utility, screen click on the Get button to start downloading.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and complete the installation process.
Note: To install the Canon IJ Printer Utility on Mac, you need to install the Canon MP Printer Drivers to get the utility.
Performing Various Functions Using Canon IJ Printer Utility
The Canon IJ printer utility can be used to keep a check on your printer’s ink levels and cartridges and clean the ink tanks and paper feed rollers. Also, you can make adjustments to your Canon printer’s power settings. The other functions the print utility lets you perform includes the following-
Cleaning print heads
If you want to work with your printer at a pace without having to be interrupted by unwanted obstructions, it’s essential to keep your print heads clean, which could otherwise hamper your printing experience, causing an error in your printouts. The print head is the most important part of your printer responsible for transferring ink from cartridges to the papers. Having your print head clogged won’t let you print your documents properly and may result in the blotted and shady printing. With the IJ print utility, you can clean the print heads without even opening the cover. You can do this using the given steps:
- Turn your printer on and choose the Cleaning icon from the main menu of the Canon Ij Printer Utility interface.
- A new dialog box appears on your screen. Here you must specify the ink group you want the cleaning to be carried out to.
- After this, click on Execute Cleaning. Now, wait for the pop-up implying the completion of the job. Once done, click on Complete.
- To confirm whether your printer can print a clear document or not, click on Print Check Pattern.
Performing the test prints
The Canon IJ Print Utility enables you to perform test printing in order to check whether the printer is printing correctly or not. To complete the test print you must follow the steps given below:
- Open the main screen of the print utility and select the Test Print option.
- Now, locate the Nozzle Check icon and then click on it.
- Next, load a bundle of plain sheets of paper into the paper tray.
- In order to print on a page, click on Print Check Pattern.
- Check your printout, whether clean or not and click on Quit to end the process.
Keeping up with the ink cartridge
With the Canon IJ print utility, you can alter your printer’s ink cartridge settings according to your requirements. If any ink cartridges get empty, you can continue to print with other available cartridges after changing the settings.
You can do this using the steps given below:
- Open the software and select the Ink Cartridge Settings from the opened interface on your screen.
- Now select the one cartridge you want to use for printing among all cartridges.
- Then, click on Apply and then on OK on the confirmation box. On printing a page, the ink cartridge selected by you will be used to print your stuff.
Reducing the printer’s noise
Your printer, at times, makes ridiculous sounds on being turned on. You can avoid this by activating a silent mode using a Canon IJ print utility. This can be done using the following steps:
- In the pop-up menu, click on Quiet Settings from the drop-down list. There appear options like “Do not Use Quiet Mode”, “Always Use Quiet Mode”, or “Use Quiet Mode During Specified Hours”.
- Choose any options as per your requirement and select the Start and End Time according to your preference. Then, click on Apply.
Managing the power settings
The ij printer utility provides you with the facility to manage the power settings of your printer without having to touch the device. To do this:
- Select the Power Settings option from the Canon ij printer utility interface opened on your system.
- Click on the Power Off button to turn off your printer.
- A confirmation box appears. There, click on OK. This will turn off your printer immediately.