Have you purchased a new machine and are now confused by Cricut.com/setup? Cricut Setup setup can be a bit confusing and I have heard from several people that never get their machine out of the box. Well, get ready to get that machine out of the box and use it to its fullest potential! From Cricut Maker setup to Cricut Explore Air 2 setup, we are answering all of the questions you might have about where to get started with your machine. Learn how to setup a Cricut easily with our instructions.
How to Set up Your Cricut Setup
So, where do you start? Get your machine out of the box now! I created a video all about unboxing your machine and starting the setup. Cricut has made it easy for you. Now it is just up to you to do it and start getting creative with your machine.
Cricut Design Space Setup
Maybe you can’t watch the video or you missed some of the information. Don’t worry! I have everything you need to know about setting up your Cricut Setup below.
1. Find the start here book in your Cricut box.
2. Go to the website indicated to begin setup.
3. This will walk you through setting up a Cricut account and downloading Cricut Design Space to your computer or mobile device.
4. The tutorial will continue to walk you through your first project. Everything that you need to make your first project is included with every Cricut Setup. This makes Cricut.com/setup super easy to do! It also makes it simple to learn all about your new machine.
Learning More about Your New Cricut Setup
So, now that you have your Cricut.com/setup, how do you learn more about Cricut Design Space and using it with your new machine? I have a variety of options that may help you!
· Free Cricut Beginner’s Guide to get you started with Cricut Design Space.
· We also have a free 7-day Cricut class that will get you started in the right direction.
· Over 50 Cricut how-to videos to show you the ins and outs of your machine as well as get you started with some projects.
· A guide to Cricut accessories that will let you know what else you need to make the most of your Cricut Setup.
· The ultimate guide to Cricut tools so you will know what is needed and what is just nice to have.
· Over 60 Cricut Iron-on crafts to get inspired for your first project.
· Which Cricut Setup is right for You? We are comparing the Cricut Maker vs. Explore Air 2 for those that still need to decide.
· What is Cricut Access and do you need it? For those that need help deciding.
· Free SVG files for your machine every month.
· Finally, even more information on how to use your Cricut Setup for those that are still having problems.
So, whether you need a Cricut Maker setup or Cricut Explore Air 2 setup, the video and links above should help you master your machine. You will be making great projects in no time at all. If you have any questions or are having issues, please leave us a comment below. We might even do a future video all about your issue. Cricut.com/setup does not have to be hard! Use our guide to get your machine out of the box and running today.
Now that you know how to setup a Cricut, what will you make? Start with a beginner project then work your way up from there. You will be a master in no time at all!
Similar to any other device or a printer, you need to ensure setting up your Cricut Maker machine to make it functional. To start the Cricut Maker setup, you will need a computer or a smartphone equipped with a speedy internet connection. However, using a PC or a laptop would be the best option for setting up your Cricut Maker machine. Setting up Cricut Maker is an easy process and needs you to go through a few easy steps.
To begin with the setup, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, plug your machine’s power cord into the power outlet and turn it on.
- Next, pair your Cricut Maker machine with your computer, laptop, or smartphone via Bluetooth or a USB cable.
- Now, you need to download a Design Space app on your device. To do this, go to Cricut’s official website and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the Cricut Maker setup.
Steps to Install Design Space
The most essential part of using Cricut Maker is the installation of Design Space software that lets you select designs and adjust the settings as per the material used. Design Space is free to download software that can be downloaded on your desktop as well as your iOS and Android devices.
Wondering how to go about the installation of Design Space? Check out the steps for downloading and installation of the app, mentioned below:
- On your device, open your preferred web browser and open the official Cricut website.
- Click on the Design Space app option available at the bottom of the webpage.
- Now, click to agree to the terms and conditions and click on the Download button, to begin with the downloading of the software on your device.
- Install the software by following the instruction on the screen.
- Next, sign in to the Design Space app using the Cricut Setup login credentials. If you don’t have a Cricut account, create one.
- Now, you will be asked to select your device. Click to select Cricut Maker Family.
- Ensure your machine is powered on. If not, plug it into the wall socket and turn it on.
- You are provided with a USB cable to connect the machine with the computer. You can also pair the devices via Bluetooth.
- Now, you will be asked to wait until the Design Space updates your Cricut Maker machine.
- The Design Space will now ask you to register your machine.
Using Design Space for the First Time
On the way to using the Cricut.com/setup Maker, you will need to first, open the Design Space app where you can create designs or modify them as per your requirement, then send the command to the machine to cut the material. To begin using the app for the first time, you can consider the following steps:
- When you are using the app, you have four types of screens- Home, Canvas, Prepare, and Make.
- You will find the ready-to-make projects, including the saved projects and YouTube tutorials videos on the Home screen.
- You get to create and design your own projects on the Canvas screen. It will also let you upload your images and add texts, patterns and shapes of your choice.
- The next screen that appears after clicking on “Make it” is the Prepare screen. On this screen, you can see your Cricut Maker’s mat layout. Here you can arrange the items and even copy your project.
- The most important screen is the Make screen, where you adjust your material settings and the tools and pens inserted in the tool holder of your Cricut Maker.
Cutting Material on Cricut Maker Machine
The beginners should choose the Paper as the material for their first Cricut Maker project. You can cut the paper using the steps given below:
- First, take the paper you want to cut and place it on the light grip cutting mat.
- Use the Design Space app to create a design you want to cut, and insert the mat into the machine.
- Adjust the material settings for paper and insert the superior quality sharp blade into the machine.
- Now, press Go to begin with the cutting of paper loaded in the machine.
- Once completed, take out the mat and remove the cutouts carefully.
You can also apply the same steps to cut other materials. However, the delicate material needs a more careful approach in cutting the appropriate shapes and designs.