Problem – Unable to Join WiFi Network
Download the below tool to solve the network/WiFi issue through network drivers.
If you cannot join the network on your Windows system, your system could experience multiple errors and issues. “Windows unable to join wifi network” error is common while trying to connect your system. The error doesn’t explain too much about the causes.
If you have been stuck in this situation for the first time, then maybe you don’t know why your windows system is unable to connect to the wifi. There could be a few reasons for this issue where crashed network adapter drivers are one of the main reasons. This guide will help your system connect to wifi successfully. All you need to do is, follow fixes and check which is resolving the issue.
How to solve the WiFi network connection problem?
Before fixing the WiFi network issues, you should know the basic causes. So you can easily find the cause and fix it.
General cause when the system is unable to join the network.
- Incorrect information (SSID/Password).
- Network adapter driver issue.
- The WiFi network is out of range or interference.
- The network isn’t connected or plugged into a wired connection.
- Connected, but other issues have occured.
- Malware or virus in system files.
- The problem in hardware or driver issues.
Fix the Network Join Errors –
If your system can’t join wifi network, you can follow the below solutions to fix it and reconnect or rejoin the network. Check the below methods;
Fix 1 – Check the WiFi button
First, check if the WiFi is turned on. Navigate to the bottom right side and click on WiFi to turn it on. If you can’t see the WiFi, click on the button and select the network to connect.
Fix 2 – Toggle on/off the Airplane Mode
If you have checked the WiFi button, and it’s unable to join wifi network, then you can use airplane mode to rejoin/reconnect the network. For many errors, the airplane mode has worked when the network disconnects. It’s the manual method;
- Navigate to the bottom right corner and click on the network or notification-like icon.
- Once the Windows Action center opens, click on Airplane mode.
- If the button has become blue colored, then it means airplane mode is enabled.
- Click on the Airplane mode button again to disable it.
- Reconnect the network to use the WiFi without any issues.
Fix 3 – Forget Network
Connecting the network to the system stores the network credentials so you can easily log in to the network in the future. When you change the settings, your system will be unable to join the network. Therefore it’s the best option to forget the network and reconnect. Here’s how to forget a network easily;
- Click on the start menu and open settings.
- Click the Network & Internet icon to open it.
- Select Wi-Fi and click Manage known networks under hardware properties.
- Select the network provider and click on the forget option.
Fix 4 – Reset Network Settings
If your network setting is configured improperly, your system can unable to join wifi network. The best way to fix this problem is to reset the network settings. It will carry the settings back to the factory defaults so you can reconfigure it.
- Open the settings on your Windows PC.
- Open the Network & Internet option.
- Click on Status in the sidebar.
- Scroll the right-hand side down.
- Click on the “Network Reset” option available on the screen.
- Click the Reset Now. Wait for it to reset the settings.
If resetting the network settings has not fixed the issue, you should check the network adapter drivers and update or install them.
FIX 5 – Update the Network Adapter Driver
If the network adapter drivers are crashed or outdated, the network connection will not work on your device, or you may be unable to join the network. You can install the network adapter drivers using a tool or update a device manager. Hence, follow one of the below methods to update the network adapter;
1- Using Device Manager
- Open the Device Manager by pressing the Windows and X buttons and choosing the device manager.
- Click Network adapters to expand it.
- Select the network adapters and right-click on them.
- Click Uninstall Device and disconnect the network adapter.
- Remove the driver of the connected device.
- Click Uninstall. You can also select the Update Driver.
- Update the network adapter driver and reboot your printer.
2 – Using Driver Updater Tool (recommended)
It’s the easiest method to update and install the network adapter driver. It’s the quick method where you will need to use a driver updater tool. Here, we’ll use the eSoftSafe driver updater pro tool. See how you can install or update the network adapters;
- Click to download the driver updater pro.
- Install the program and run it.
- Scan your system for network adapter drivers.
- Click Fix Now, then click Update to install the network drivers.
Fix 6 – Disable IPv6
Disable the IP version 6 when it’s unable to join wifi network. It can solve the connection issue on your system. Most computers have IPv4 unless you use something special on IPv6. Here’s how to disable IPv6;
- In the system tray, navigate to the network icon and right-click.
- Click and open the “Network & Internet settings” tab.
- On the next screen, click on Change adapter options.
- Search for a wireless adapter and right-click.
- Click on the Properties option.
- You’ll see many options to disable and enable the network adapter
- In the box, Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), untick to disable it, and click OK.
You can also use the network troubleshooter available on the windows menu. Go to settings > Update & security > troubleshoot > Network Adapter > Run the troubleshooter.