Instant Solution For 100% Disk Usage Instantly, Click Below.
If your computer suddenly works at a very slow speed, then it could be 100% disk usage windows 10 even if you are not running any app currently. Task manager disk 100% in PC can make your computer take time to load programs, files, browsers, and other data. Therefore, it may lead to more problems than just slow speed. Its best to fix the usage disk 100% windows 10 issue. This guide will help you understand what is causing windows 100% disk usage and how do you detect and fix it.
Identify the cause of 100 percent disk usage windows 10
There could be a few causes of your disk usage 100%, including viruses, superfetch, outdated drivers, and many other causes. To identify the cause of 100% disk usage Windows 10, go through the below steps;
- Enter the Task Manager in the start menu.
- Open the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Disk column and find all processes with disk usage.
- You’ll see the windows 100% disk usage list from highest to low.
Before you try any solution below, check the apps running in your system background. Background apps actually take alot of disk usage. Look for all browsers and gaming apps and close them all.
Best ways to fix windows 100% disk usage issue
The “task manager disk 100%” solution is compiled below. If you find the first Fix well for you, you won’t need to follow the next one. Otherwise, follow one-by-one until the 100 percent disk usage windows 10 gets fixed.
Fix 1- Keep Your Windows 10 up-to-date
Windows 10 updates keep your system working well. Microsoft releases the update timely with previous bug patches and security holes. If you missed the latest update in windows 10, you must update Windows 10 manually.
Simply open Settings and click Update & security. Then, search and update Windows 10. Once its done, restart your PC. You might see windows 100% disk usage if the update is in the middle.
Fix 2 – Disable Windows SuperFetch
Windows SuperFetch speeds up the PC, but sometimes it makes the computer slow and causes a 100% disk usage windows 10 problem. In this case, you can disable SuperFetch.
- Press the Windows logo key.
- Open the command prompt and run it as administrator by right-clicking.
- Permit the command prompt with the Yes option.
- In the cmd, enter – net.exe stop superfetch, and press Enter.
- If the above command doesn’t work, type net.exe stop sysmain
- Wait a minute and check whether the disk column has returned to valid or 0% in task manager.
Fix 3 – Update Device Drivers
If the above two fixes have not resolved your disk 100% windows 10 issue, then most probably, your drivers are outdated, corrupted, or missing and causing unnecessary issues. So you can’t find the exact device driver on your PC, causing the problem. Therefore, its best to use a tool to update all drivers on your Windows 10. Here we are using eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro. Try the below steps to update drivers automatically;
- Download esoftsafe driver updater pro.
- Install and run the Driver Updater,
- Scan your PC to find the missing or outdated drivers.
- Hit on Fix Now to resolve the problematic drivers.
- Choose the missing and outdated drivers and click Update.
- Open task manager and see if the “100 percent disk usage windows 10” has been fixed.
Fix 4 – Perform SFC Scan
Suppose you can perform an SFC scan to fix the problem when 100% disk usage windows 10 occurs. SFC is the Windows System File Checker built-in tool to help repair corrupt system files and improve PC speed by decreasing disk usage. Here’s how to run an SFC scan;
Using the Windows start menu, open the command prompt and then enter the below commands to scan –
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Once done, close the command prompt and update your windows 10 using Fix 2 steps.
Fix 6 – Perform Clean Boot
It’ll remove any 3rd party app running on a windows PC that causes disk 100% Windows 10 usage.
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Enter msconfig and open the System Configuration Utility box.
- Click the selective startup in the General tab.
- Load checked mark startup items,
- Hit services and check on Hide All Microsoft Services.
- It may not boot your Windows 10 permanently.
- Now, click on Disable All and hit the Startup Tab.
- Disable all apps that you don’t want.
- Select, click OK and Apply.
Fix 6 – Reset synchronization tools
Your PC would encounter the 100 percent disk usage Windows 10 because of synchronization tools like OneDrive or Dropbox with large amounts of data. These apps take time when synchronize all files. And its fixable with the reset or reinstalling of the program.
You’ll have to reset each app separately, i.e., if you want to reset the OneDrive, then press the Win + R, then enter the following command – %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
With the OK button, the program will reset automatically.
Fix 4 – Repair Windows Issues
If you update your Windows 10, the issues should be fixed with the latest udpate, but if there is any other issue in PC files or storage problems like junk files, then repair such issues. You can use any tool to fix your Windows 10 issue.
You can install and run eSoftSafe PC Cleaner Pro on your Windows 10.
After that, click on “Smart Scan” in Home and wait for a few minutes. Once all issues are detected, click “Fix All” to repair all issues. Then, open the taskbar and see whether the “task manager disk 100%” issue.
Also, delete all the temporary files from Windows tools in PC Cleaner Pro. Cleaning the unnecessary data, unwanted programs, and all junk from your PC would make your PC run faster and lower disk usage in Windows.
We hope your 100% disk usage in windows 10 has been fixed now with the above solutions. So next time you open your Windows 10, you will find minimum disk usage in task manager with high-speed performance.