Canon printers often reflect the error code 006 while running their Service Tool. This tool is used to reset your Canon printer, and it is during the resetting of your printer when you happen to cross paths with the error code 006.
Using a Service Tool in your Canon printer lets you reset your printer’s print counts on the ink pad counter on reaching its print limit. They work as a cleaner positioned under the print head of your Canon printer.
It comes into action when we need to get the prints in bulk. At that moment, the Print mode of your printer gets locked while the printer requests Service Tool programs to come into force.
Factors causing the 006 Error
There are several reasons responsible for this error to occur in your printer. Some of the possible reasons include:
- The Canon printer is out of service mode
- Wrongly entered service mode
- Problem with the printer’s ink cartridges
- Cartridges running out of ink
- A USB port not working well and therefore unable to send commands
- You have a Service Tool incompatible with your Canon printer
How to fix Error Code 006?
When you see a Service Tool error code 006 in your printer, there is no need for you to panic. Instead, remember taking precautions, and eventually recovery steps to deal with the issue.
To get rid of error code 006, you may follow the steps given below:
Fix Your Printer Driver issue by Clicking Download Below.
Check the ink cartridges
- The ink cartridges make a lot of difference in your printing experience. Therefore, you need to make sure the cartridges are properly installed and are not dried up or out of ink. If any of these is inappropriate, you may end up seeing the error 006.
- Additionally, you can go through a careful check on the copper cartridge connectors that are placed at the front of the printer. Also, make sure the connectors are internally cleaned.
Check your printer drivers
If you have tried the first step and couldn’t succeed in your attempt, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling your printer driver, later turning off the printer and computer. After a while, turn your devices back on and check if the problem persists.
Restart Service Tool
You should considerably check and verify the compatibility of your Canon printer’s Service Tool with the printer model. On being verified, if the problem persists, try restarting the tool from the manual you have received with the package.
Troubleshoot your Service Tool
To troubleshoot, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly download the Canon Service Tool and then install it.
- Now turn the Maintenance Mode of the printer on using the given instructions:
- Turn off your printer.
- Connect it to the CPU using the USB cable.
- Press and hold its Resume button until the LED light glows, later pressing the Power button.
- Release the Resume button and continue holding the Power button. Now Resume button needs to be pressed 6-7 times.
- Then release both the buttons. This will get the LED light flash for once and then get closed, which means the maintenance mode is on.
- Now run the Service tool for your printer.
- Select the apt USB port from the available option in the Service Tool.
- Next, under the Ink Absorber Counter, choose the Main option.
- Then, go to the Counter Value section and select the closest number to the counter number, and then select Set. You can check the counter number in the EEPROM.