A choice of millions of users around the world, the Canon printers are known for their outstanding print jobs. The versatility of the Canon printers is well known and applauded by millions. It delivers the best of the services it specializes in. Other than effective printing, the Canon printer is great for scanning, copying, and faxing documents.
However, like any other machinery, the Canon printer is prone to internal or external errors and faults due to various known and unknown reasons. But there are several techniques to trick the errors and get them expelled from your printer.
Your Canon printer often encounters the Canon Print Job Error 853 on Windows 10, including Windows 7 and 8. This error code is usually seen in the print queue.
Reasons for the Canon Print Job Error 853
There are various reasons responsible for this error. Some of the possible reasons include the following:
- Postscript printing issue while printing through an unsupportive driver.
- Usage of IPP driver and not the UFRII driver.
- Inconsistency in the printer while on Windows 10.
- Printer drivers are out of date.
- The printer firmware is out of date.
Fixes for the Canon Print Job Error 853
You have now an idea of what could be the causes behind the Canon Print Job Error 853 on Windows 10, 7, and 8. To each of the causes, you have potential solutions to get over the issue effortlessly.
Check out the techniques mentioned below to work out the error fixing.
Download and install the UFR2 driver
To download the applicable UFR2 driver, you need to consider taking the following measures:
- Open your browser and find the download page of a basic version of the UFR2 printer driver for your Canon printer.
- On landing the download page, click on Download to begin the process.
- As soon as the downloading gets completed, double-click on the downloaded file and click on Yes at User Account Control to get access from admin.
- Follow prompts on your screen and complete the installation process for the UFR2 driver.
- Now restart your computer. You will see the old driver replaced with the newly downloaded one.
- Now print a document to check if the error 853 is fixed.
Ensure using the accurate (UFRII) driver
You can download and install the accurate UFRII driver by using the steps given below:
- To begin with, use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the available field and press enter. This will get the Device Manager opened up on your screen. Locate the UAC (User Account Control) and click on Yes for admin access.
- Now on the open screen, scroll down and click to expand Print Queues.
- Then, right-click on your printer and select Properties from the menu.
- Next, click on the Driver tab in the opened menu and then click on the drop-down menu inside and select Canon Generic Plus UFR II.
- Then, click on the Apply button to save changes. Restart your computer to check if the problem is gone.
Use built-in Printer troubleshooter on Windows 10
To use the available built-in printer troubleshooter on your computer, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- To begin with, use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type “ms-settings:troubleshoot” and hit Enter. The Troubleshoot tab should open up on your screen.
- At Troubleshoot tab, go to the Get up and running tab and click on the Printer option. Then from the available option, click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Having the scanning of your system completed, click on Apply this fix on a recommendation to repair strategy.
- Now, close the troubleshooting window and print to check if the problem is gone.
Update your Canon printer driver
Try updating your Canon printer driver using the Windows update option through the Device Manager, by right-clicking on the printer and selecting the Update driver option.