When your computer fails to install the Microsoft package, you may encounter Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-4. Moreover, in an attempt to update your Office suite, you may see the error occurred. However, on running into Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-4, you may try the simple troubleshooting techniques. Some of the troubleshooting techniques have been mentioned ahead.
Fixing Error Code 30088-4
Given below are the steps to deal with the Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-4:
On coming across the Error Code 30088-4 on your screen while updating the Office version, you may repair the Office package using the steps given below:
- First, go to Control Panel and click on Programs and Features. Then, select your Office installation package.
- Next, click on the Change button available and then click on the Quick Repair option.
- If the Quick Repair option doesn’t get successful, click to run Online Repair.
Uninstall and Reinstall Office
While trying to install Office on your computer, if you happen to come across the Error Code 30088-4, you will be required to remove the Office package that couldn’t install properly. You can remove all of the existing versions of the Office Suite using the Office Uninstall tool, which you may download from Microsoft. All you need to do is install the tool and follow instructions to remove Office on screen. You can then restart your computer and install Office again.
Close Background Programs
The background programs and applications may obstruct the proper functioning of the Office. For instance, your antivirus or firewall may be preventing the Office installation.
Disable the programs in the background and check if the error disappeared. To do this:
- Open Task Manager and click on the Process tab.
- Right-click on the program or app you want to stop running.
- Click on the End Task option to close the program running in the background.