Brother scanning software works perfectly for all its models to easily print, scan and copy. The Brother scan utility is the best option for USB connections, whereas you can add the driver for wireless connection models.
Install Brother Scanning drivers instantly. Download the tool below.
Brother printer or scanner driver plays an important role when printing and scanning with your Brother printers. If your printer is not printing, the driver could be done because of the error.
If you dont know the complete method to install Brother Scanning driver/software, then you should read and follow the below instructions.
Download and Install Brother Scanning Software / Driver
You must have received the CD with your Brother machine. The first method you can go for is the brother scan utility CD.
Install Brother Scan Software Using CD Setup
- Open the DVD cover to get the CD.
- Insert the CD into your computer.
- The installation screen should appear automatically.
- Select Install Scanner Driver when it prompts.
- Read and accept the Brother scanner software license terms.
- Complete the software installation.
CD installation doesn’t allow for any update later. Also, there are chances for driver crashes and expiry as well, and its a temporary. Hence, we recommend you follow the next method.
Install Brother Scanning Software from the Official Website
Installing the scanning driver and software setup from the installation CD can cause errors while updating the driver. The online drivers have the option to get updated timely; hence, install Brother scan utility.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit Brother official site.
- Select the Downloads option.
- A field appears, Search by Model Name. Here enter your Brother printer model name and click Search. You can otherwise find the name another way by clicking on – Product Category > Product Series > model name.
- Now, choose your operation system, for example, Windows.
- Click Search and choose the name of the file that you should download.
- Agree with the terms of the End-User License Agreement by clicking on Agree to the EULA and download. Wait for it to download.
- Open the downloads location and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Click Next and read the agreement.
- Hit the “I Accept” box in the license terms and click Next.
- Click Complete and select Install.
- The scanner connection box should appear, then follow on-screen instructions.
Installing the Brother Printer/scanner driver for USB connection
You can install the brother scanning software if you have the wired / USB Brother printer. Here’s how you can install the Brother drivers-
- Go to the Brother Printer official site – www.brother-usa.com.
- Download Printer Driver & Scanner Driver for Local Connection.
- Double-click on it and click run.
- A window appears, and click Decompress(X).
- Turn off the machine, then disconnect the USB cable.
- A folder labeled USA was created. Then, double-click on DPInst.exe.
- Connect your Brother printer to your PC using the USB cable.
- The brother scan utility would install automatically.
Install Your Brother Scanner Driver Update
Updating your Brother scanning software is essential for already installed drivers as it removes many errors in the Brother printer and troubleshooters many issues. You can update these scanning drivers using two methods.
Update Scanner Drivers using device manager –
Updating the Brother printer and scanner drivers through device manager or any other method requires some PC skills. Here’s how you can install these updates.
- Tap the Windows and X key together.
- Click Device Manager.
- Expand the Brother scanner software.
- Right-click on the driver of your model.
- Select Update Driver.
- Choose the “Automatically Search For Driver” option.
- Wait for it to find the drivers or site.
- Otherwise, use step 4 but select Uninstall driver.
- Then, go to the official Brother printer site and download the Brother scan utility.
- Install the updated Brother drivers and software.
Update Brother Drivers using eSoftSafe Driver Updater (Recommended) –
If you don’t have too many computer skills, then eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro is the best way to instantly update the printer and scanner driver.
- Install the eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro on your Windows system.
- Run the software.
- Scan for the latest Brother drivers.
- Click Fix Now to troubleshoot problematic drivers.
- In front of your Brother printer, click on Update to install the latest driver.
Adding your Brother printer/scanner to Windows 10 –
Installing brother scanning software online allows your wireless Brother machine to add in Windows 10 PC. If you have the USB machine, you can add it to windows 10 by simply installing the brother scan utility and connecting the printer USB cable to the system. But for the Wireless printer, follow the below steps to add it to the Windows system:-
- Search Printers & scanners and open them.
- Click on Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for your Windows 10 to search for the wireless Brother printer machine.
- Click on the printer machine shown.
- Check the status of your printer connection.
You can use your CD setup to install the brother scanning software, but installation from the official website is the better option. Also, updating the printer and scanner driver is important and can be updated using the eSoftSafe Driver updater tool. We also learned that you could easily add your wireless printer machine to Windows 10 once the software is installed.