Canon Pixma, a standard of versatility and operational flexibility, is often seen performing abnormally. It sometimes comes across errors in its functional capabilities that can be treated using effective techniques.
Given below are few errors often spotted in the performance of Canon Pixma printers, with the techniques to deal with each.
Canon Pixma printing blank pages
It is one of the most common issues with any printer model that exists. You can consider following the steps below to overcome an issue like this:
- Firstly, you need to be sure with your ink cartridges that they are of fine quality and compatible with the Canon Pixma printer.
- Make sure your printer is not placed on a hot surface.
- Clean the printhead of your Canon printer through your PC.
- Open My computer on your system.
- Now go to Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Canon Pixma model and go to Properties.
- Check whether the correct Device Settings are set inside the Properties tab.
- Choose the Preferences, and click on Services. Then, select the Clean Printhead button.
- Continue with the above instructions until the printhead gets completely cleaned.
- Now, do a test printing to check if the blank page error has been rectified or not. Otherwise, choose to enable the Skip Blank Page option on your PC to overcome the issue.
Canon Pixma printer won’t print wirelessly
- Firstly, try restarting your Canon Pixma printer, PC, and router.
- Now, turn your Canon Pixma printer back on and wait for at least 10 seconds before continuing.
- Remove your printer’s power cord to resolve the error.
- Shut down your Mac or Windows PC and plug in the power cable back to your Canon Pixma printer. Switch it on.
- Remove the power cord of your wireless access point or a router.
- Now, after waiting for ten seconds, plug it back in.
- Power on your device and try out test printing to check if the issue is rectified or not.
- If not, try clearing the print queue from your PC to solve the matter.
- If the error continues, the drivers may have been corrupted. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers.
Canon Pixma printer not printing black
- This issue is resulted from the clogged nozzles. It can be rectified by cleaning the clogged nozzles.
- Also, there needs to be plenty of printing paper sheets in the paper tray.
- Try raising the paper output tray and its extension.
- You can start cleaning process by clicking on the Setup button on the operator panel of your Canon printer.
- Press the Tools button, and then click on the Maintenance option.
- Click on OK button, then the Deep Cleaning option. Click on OK again.
- Click on OK button to confirm cleaning.
- Again click on OK and do not process until the cleaning process is completed.
- The process takes three to five minutes to complete.
- The Pattern Print Confirmation dialog box appears. Click on OK.
- If the issue continues check if the ink is enough in your black ink cartridge.