An error in the Canon printer isn’t pleasant for the machine; however, it’s a better sign to recognize the trouble or issue inside the printer. Therefore, the Canon G4200 Printer displays the error code in its display so that you can look up the root of the problem. These codes are specific for each Canon model and get you to know the exact issue. We’ll today discuss one of such codes – Error 6902.
Error codes displayed in Canon printer G4200 always have some cause; however, 6902 is a printer error that you may not be able to define. However, relatable solutions are available.
How to resolve error 6902 in Canon G4200 Printer?
With the error code 6902, you’ll also receive the message on your computer screen. These messages on the PC screen try to display the main cause and the solution. You should also look for other solutions if the displayed solution doesn’t solve the issue. Let’s see what possible methods to fix the error code 6902 are.
Solution 1 –Cycle the Power
Printers with wireless communication require a power cycle to restore the communication. Unfortunately, the error 6902 has no specific cause, so you’ve to try the power cycle on a network device or Access point.
- Press the ON button on Canon G4200 Printer to turn it off.
- Wait for 10 to 20 seconds, press the ON button. It’ll turn back the Canon G4200.
- On your network device or router, press the power off button.
- Wait for 10 to 20 seconds and power on the network device.
- If the system has not started well, disconnect the power cord and connect again.
- Restart each device you turned off and see whether Canon G4200 Printer has been fixed or not.
Solution 2 – Unplug the Printer
- Turn off the Canon G4200 machine.
- Unplug the machine and wait a while.
- Plug in the Canon printer.
- Turn back on. Check the code disappearance.
Solution 3 – Check Ink Status
Canon G4200 Printer could show the error 6902 if there’s no ink or less ink in ink tanks. Therefore you’ve to check the ink level and refill in case of no ink or low ink level. In the Canon G4200 models, it’s very easy to check the ink level. See the front ink colors indicator. When the stays are upper, the ink is full, and if it’s near the lower limit line, you’ve to refill the ink.
Solution 4 – Repair the Printer
When any of the above solutions don’t work for your Canon G4200 Printer, the only option remains that you’ve to contact printer support and send it for repair. Before you send the printer machine, prepare it for transport in transport mode with the below steps;
- Turn on your Canon G4200 printer.
- If an error occurs on your printer, press OK. Turn off and unplug the printer.
- Plug-in back and turn it on.
- Set the transporting mode with the next steps.
- Press Setup and select Maintenance using the right/left button, then press OK.
- Select Lock transport pump using the left/right button, then press OK.
- Select ON and press OK to set the transporting mode.
- Now, turn off the Canon G4200 printer and unplug the cord.
- Keep the print head holder to the far right and close the tank caps.
- Back off the paper output tray and extension, and close the document tray and paper support.
- Secure all the components and pack them.
- Use the protective material to pack in the box.
- Request your nearby canon service center to repair your Canon G4200 machine.
Canon G4200 Printer is an All MegaTank inkjet printer that provides print, copy, scan, and fax functions. It’s cost-effective and convenient as well. The ink system delivers upto 7,000 magnificent color pages and 6,000 crisp black pages with ink bottles replacement set. The same amount of print requires up to 30 conventional ink cartridge sets. Easy to connect with most devices.