If your HP printer driver is unavailable or occurring any issue with your printer, then you should install HP Universal Print Driver. Just like other printers, HP also needs drivers to function smoothly. This print driver is available for all the HP models you can install in a few steps. The guide below will show you instructions to download the driver setup.
Install HP Print Driver Instantly using the below tool.
Quick Way To Install/Update HP Printer Driver
- Install the above driver updater tool.
- Scan your computer.
- Install the latest HP printer driver.
What is the HP Universal Print Driver?
HP Universal Print Driver is the software that creates communication between your printer and the Windows system. If there is a printer driver, your system will work without any errors or issues. Some HP printer drivers are in-built when you install the HP printer model in Windows. Though, installing HP universal driver setup is essential for your printer to use its print, scan, copy, and other functions.
How to download and install HP Universal Print Driver?
One can easily install the HP printer driver setup from the official HP site or use a tool. Here we’ll learn how you install the setup;
Method 1 – Install the HP Universal Driver From the Official Site
HP official provides the Driver and software setup for each HP printer model. But, first, you need to ensure that your system is ready to install the 21 MB file and fulfills the requirement.
Here’s how you can install the setup:-
- Go to the HP official support site.
- Select your location.
- Expand the driver setup option – Driver-Universal Print Driver.
- Then, click on Downlaod in front of the HP Universal Print Driver and wait for the driver setup to download on your system.
- Go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the upd-pcl6-x64-126.96.36.19923.exe setup.
- Read the license agreement and accept the agreement and terms.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install the HP print driver.
- Click on Finish to close the installation. Make sure your HP printer is added to your system.
Method 2- Install HP Print Driver using Driver Updater Tool (Recommended)
Here we’ll discuss how you can install the HP Universal Print Driver easily. We’ll use the eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro tool. It’ll help your outdated HP drivers update the latest one and install missing ones if you don’t have any PC skills and don’t want any lengthy process to install the driver.
- Download eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro program.
- Double-click on the eSoftSafeDriverUpdater.exe setup.
- Click on the License agreement to read it. Then, tick to license agreement to accept it.
- Install the program by following the on-screen instructions.
- Scan your Windows system to find any problematic HP printer driver, including outdated, missing drivers.
- Click Fix Now to reach on Update/install tab. Then, click on the Update tab.
Method 3 – Install the HP Driver Using the Device Manager
If you have used the above methods, we think you would have successfully installed the HP printer drivers on your system. Though you can also use Device Manager to install/update the printer. If you are a Windows user and your system has in-built HP drivers, then you can install or update the driver, or you can reinstall the driver;
- Right-click on the Windows start menu.
- Select Device Manager in the prompt options to open it.
- Click print queue to expand the HP driver option.
- Navigate to HP Universal Print Driver and right-click to select Update driver.
- Click on the “Search Automatically for driver” option and wait for it to find the HP driver.
- If the Windows system finds the driver, click on the latest driver to install it. If it can’t install, then go back to step 4.
- Right-click and select Uninstall device.
- Then, go to HP official and download the HP Universal Driver.
- Use method 1 to install the driver setup. If your system prompts you to update the HP driver, use method 2 to update it.
Have you added your HP printer to your device?
After installing the HP Universal Print Driver in your system, its essential to add the printer model to your system. Here’s how can you connect an HP printer to a computer;
- Open Windows settings from the left corner.
- Click the Devices icon.
- Click the “Printers & Scanners” option.
- Hit on “Add Printer or Scanner” on the right side. It’ll detect the connected USB cable or the available wireless HP models.
- Click on the device to add to your system.
- Check the HP printer model status if its added.
We hope your HP printer is printing well after installing the HP printer driver.