Instant Solution for Microsoft Teams Camera Not Working on Windows. Click Below
The virtual video calling app Microsoft Team is the one most used program in your Windows systems. If you are also a user and your Microsoft Teams camera not working sudden, then you’ll have trouble using the video call correctly.
Popular among businesses, Team is a great platform for communicating with all colleagues. However, errors and issues also come with this app, just like others. We’ve discussed the issue – MS teams camera not working or Microsoft teams video not working. These appropriate solutions will help you fix the Camera in Teams and start fresh calling features.
Camera not working on microsoft teams. How to Fix it?
Before your fix setting or software problems when the Camera not working on Microsoft teams, check the camera hardware problems. If the Camera is faulty, then you’ll have to repair it. If the Camera is not faulty, you should check the internal settings and other system functions. Read below solutions to fix the “camera not working on teams” error.
Try some basic fixes first:-
- Have you restarted your Windows system? Click Power and hit on Restart.
- Have you restarted Microsoft Teams? If not, try close and reopen it.
- If you are using a USB camera, plug it out to disconnect it. Then, reconnect it.
- If any app is running in the background that uses a Camera, close all apps like zoom, skype etc.
- Always use the correct Camera while making a conference call.
- Connect your Teams camera using a different port. Check not to have an issue with malfunctioning USB ports.
- You should also try the Web Browser to start the Teams call.
If these fixes does not help you fixing “camera not working on microsoft teams” issue, then, try advanced solutions below.
Fix 1 – Allow Camera Access
If you are a Windows user and encounter the Camera not working in teams error, your camera access may be disabled. Check the access and enable it.
- Press Windows + X keys.
- Select the Settings icon and open it.
- Open the Privacy tab.
- Select Camera on the left side.
- Hit on the Change tab.
- Enable the Access Camera to toggle it on.
- Scroll down and find Teams and toggle the Teams on.
- You should test the MS Teams camera.
Microsoft Teams camera not working, still? Check next solution.
Fix 2 – Run the Troubleshooter
Windows comes with troubleshooters, which may help you fix the “MS teams camera not working” error. Use Hardware and Device troubleshooter.
- Press the Windows key.
- Search for the command prompt.
- Click the Run as administrator to open the cmd.
- Enter – msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- Press Enter.
- It’ll open the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.
- Start the scan by clicking Next.
Fix 3 – Update the Teams App
If running troubleshooter still Microsoft Teams Video Not Working, then update the application. Microsoft update fixes many issues though no guraetnee of Update would fix the bug. Check for updates;
- Open the Teams app.
- Hover the mouse to the right-top corner, and click the three-dot menu.
- Hit on Check For Updates and wait for the application to start the Update.
- Close the app and open it again.
- Click on Test call and see if your Camera is working on Teams or not.
If the Camera is not working on teams even with Update, try another solution below.
Fix 4 – Microsoft Teams settings
If the above solutions and Camera are not working in teams, then you should check the settings. Check the configuration with the below steps;
- Open the Teams on your Windows.
- Start a meeting on here and click three dots.
- Select the Device Settings.
- Choose the device you are using on the right side. Then make a call.
Fix 5 – Update Your Webcam Driver
Drivers are the translator base of each device, and if your Microsoft Teams camera is not working, then maybe your Webcam driver is causing the issue. The faulty and outdated webcam driver stops your system camera from working in any app.
So what would you basically do? First, you’ll have to find the basic problem, then fix the issue and update the driver.
One can easily update the Webcam driver using a tool or manually. We’ll discuss the webcam driver update manually and automatically.
1. Update Manually –
This may take time when you update the webcam driver. You can either go to the official website and download the driver or update it manually. To update the webcam driver in Windows, follow below;
- Press the Win X on your keyboard.
- Select and open the Device Manager.
- Expand cameras and select the webcam driver.
- Right-click and select Update Driver.
- Select the Automatically Update option.
- Wait for the Webcam drivers to update.
2. Using An Automatic Driver Updater Tool –
The automatic updater saves your time and starts the Update quickly. We will use the eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro tool to update the webcam driver when Microsoft Teams Camera not working.
- Download eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro.
- Install and run the program.
- Launch it and scan for the Webcam driver.
- Click on Fix Now to fix the problematic webcam driver.
- Hit on Update to install the latest correct drivers.
Fix 6 – Disable Other Devices
With the above solution, you should also disable other devices that are not in use. Like if there’s another webcam connecting via USB, then unplug the USB.
- Go to the Start menu and open Device Manager.
- Expand the Imaging devices menu.
- Select the Camera that you wish to disable.
- Right-click and select Disable device.
- Now, open the Microsoft Teams app to see the MS teams camera not working.
You easily enable the device again with the same step above using enable device option. If your Microsoft Teams camera not working even with the above solution, then you should check the Camera in physical form if it is not damaged.