Instant Solution for Modules Installer Worker High Disk, Click Below
If your PC fans spin up and seem hotter for no valid reason, then you should check the Task Manager to check if the windows modules installer worker high disk or low disk. If you see windows modules installer worker 100% disk usage, you’ll need to fix it. This process is called TiWorker.exe, a part of OS.
What Is Windows Modules Installer Worker?
Windows modules installer worker is part of the Windows operating system. It is also called WMIW or TiWorker.exe, the main component that looks for updates and installs them automatically and some other MS products. It is a safe process and enables installation and updates, removal, and optional components. Hence, your windows modules installer worker can run your PC slower.
Why is your win modules installer worker high disk usage?
The main cause of windows modules installer worker 100% disk is the continuous search of windows updates.
Sometimes, it takes high CPU usage with Loaded RAM due to outdated or corrupted PC drivers. It can occur due to an automatic search for the updates or install them.
Also, the time of high activity of the process matters. Though one can not find the exact cause of windows modules installer worker high disk usage, following a few solutions can help it get low.
How to fix windows modules installer worker using high disk issues?
If your TiWorker.exe process takes 80 to 100% disk usage for an hour or more, then take some actions to fix it. Below we’ve mentioned some fixes.
Fix 1 – Restart Your System
Rebooting your PC may fix your Windows modules installer high disk usage problem. Hence, press the win button and click on the power button. Then, click shut down, wait for 5 to 10 minutes, and restart your system. Now, check the task manager to do installer proces disk usage.
Fix 2 – Remove the Software Distribution Folder
The other fix you can try is removing the SoftwareDistribution folder. This folder stores new updates by default. The corrupt file stored in this folder can lead to multiple errors, including high disk usage in the Windows Modules Installer Worker. Go through the below steps and make sure to have access of administrator account access.
- Press the Windows + R keys and type services.msc
- Press OK to open the Services window.
- Right-click on Windows Update and choose Pause/Stop.
- Navigate to C:\Windows and right-click on the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Click Delete and then restart your device.
- Check whether the windows modules installer worker 100% disk problem has been fixed.
Fix 3 – Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows update troubleshooter is a built-in tool that Microsoft has loaded in the latest Windows PCs. To fix the win modules installer worker high disk usage issue, you can run this tool using the below steps;
- If your system doesn’t have the windows update troubleshooter, download it from the Microsoft store.
- Double-click on the WindowsUpdate.diagcab file and launch the troubleshooter.
- If any issue appears, the tool will fix it automatically.
You can also use the windows troubleshooter to fix the issue with the following steps – Open Troubleshoot Settings and click on Additional troubleshooter. Next, select Windows Update and click on Run the troubleshooter.
Also Read :- Fix Bluetooth Disappeared Windows 10
Fix 4 – Run the SFC Scan
System File Checker is available by default on the Windows 10 PC. It solves corrupted system files. Start the SFC scan –
- Press Win R and enter CMD.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to launch the Command Prompt.
- Click Yes and enter sfc /scannow to execute it.
- Wait for your system to finish scanning your PC.
- Repairing corrupt files should start now.
- Restart your system to finish the scan.
- Then, check the task manager to see if the windows modules installer worker high disk usage issue has been fixed.
Fix 5 – Update PC Drivers
Sometimes outdated or corrupted drivers use high disk usage of windows modules installer worker. In such cases, you can take the help of an automatic driver updater tool, i.e., eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro.
- Download the eSoftSafe Driver Updater pro on your Windows.
- Run the driver updater pro.
- Scan your Windows PC to find problematic drivers.
- If any issue appears, click Fix Now.
- Update all drivers on your PC.
Fix 6 – Use the DISM Command
The DISM tool identifies corruption issues and fixes them. In addition, it restores the damaged files and can help lower the usage of the windows modules installer worker.
- Press Win + R and open CMD.
- Then, press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys.
- Click Yes and start the DISM scan to run for issues system-wide.
- Enter and execute – DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- You can also follow and enter again – DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait a while and close the Command Prompt window.
Restart your PC to check if the windows modules installer worker 100% disk has been reduced or not.
Fix 7 – Disable Automatic Windows Update
If no fix is working for you, then disable automatic Windows updates. The automatic Windows Update could make win modules installer worker high disk usage. To disable it,
- Open Settings app
- Click Update and Security
- Hit on Windows Update
- Go to Advanced Options
- Turn off the update to disable it.
We hope the above solutions help you to fix Win Modules Installer Worker high disk usage issue.